September 22nd has been cancelled. After Florence we are largely intact. Wet ground means trees are still at risk, multiple scenes were dismantled prior to the storm, and we have some hurricane clean up to do. Customers who have purchased tickets for Sept 22 will be allowed to use those tickets any other night during the season with the exception of Oct 20 & Oct 27.
How We Decide to Open or Close
Weather predictions change all the time, so we wait as long as possible before making any official decisions. Our default position is always OPEN. Our parking lot and trails all have gravel in critical places, so heavy rains during the day probably won’t cause us to cancel. If you are at Panic Point and heavy rain begins, almost every scene is covered, so you can hunker down with the freaks and monsters for a few minutes until it passes.
Our options are to delay opening, temporarily suspend operations, or cancel the night. Weather updates will be posted here and at the top of the homepage, usually beginning at 4pm for that night.
How Rain Checks Work:
If we open and are forced to close due to weather:
People who are in line or in the main “circle” area: Your unused ticket will act as your raincheck.
People inside an attraction: You will receive your tickets back for that attraction as you exit the attraction.
Your raincheck ticket may be used for any night of equal or lesser value. If you have tickets for 10/6, for example, you can exchange them for any night except 10/20 or 10/27. In the event you’d like to come one of those 2 nights, we simply issue credit in the amount you paid, then, you can re-buy your tickets with the credit, and pay the price difference (between $2 and $5 depending on the package).
If it rains one of the final 2 nights (11/3 & 11/10) we will issue Panic Point credit, which can be used next year, or at the Yuletide Nightmare on December 15th, or the Panic on St. Pat’s on March 16th.
We do not issue refunds, only Panic Point credit.